The Sunshine Coast is a great place to build a home – and not just because of the spectacular coastline and great weather. The Coast continues to enjoy a steady growth in population, a robust economy, as well as plenty of investment in local infrastructure. It really is an ideal spot to live and own a home.
The Sunshine Coast is becoming a lifestyle capital. The beach-side cafes, gorgeous coastal walks, excellent restaurants, and raft of fabulous beaches make the Coast hard to resist. The Coast attracts holiday-makers from all over the world, and many decide to stay!
Increasingly, people are coming to the Coast and creating their own employment through at-home businesses, digital marketing agencies, fitness & lifestyle coaching, consultancy work, and more.
The boom in infrastructure is creating plenty of jobs too. Many of the projects are long-term, offering years of employment.
A thriving tourist industry contributes to a thriving economy, lots of employment opportunities, and a really healthy property market.
The employment rate on the Sunshine Coast is comparable to that of the greater Brisbane area – and with the lifestyle on offer its easy to see why people choose to live and work on the Coast.
Building for the future
The Sunshine Coast Council has plenty of good news about the future of our region. According to them, we can look forward to:
- Major residential and commercial developments right across the Sunshine Coast.
- The expansion of the Sunshine Coast Airport which will allow more travellers from Australia and overseas to fly directly into the Coast.
- Australia’s first greenfield city centre in Maroochydore.
- International broadband submarine cable infrastructure.
- One of Australia’s largest health precincts alongside the new teaching hospital.
- A business and technology precinct next to one of Australia’s best-ranking universities, the University of the Sunshine Coast.
All of this adds up to a really healthy long-term outlook for the Sunshine Coast. Growth is set to continue, making now a really good time to invest in a home on the Coast.
We’d love to talk with you about building you a home designed to maximise your enjoyment of the Coast’s relaxed lifestyle.