The Value of Environmentally Sustainable Design
You know how important it is to reduce your business’ carbon footprint … especially on the beautiful Sunshine Coast. You know too that the Government is enforcing it in many industries. Not only that, environmentally sustainable commercial buildings are often highly attractive to tenants.
That’s why it’s valuable considering ecologically sustainable design (ESD) when building your new office, shop, showroom, warehouse or commercial development site on the Sunshine Coast or in Brisbane.
Here are some things to consider:
- The location of your site
- The impact it has on the environment by building in that location
- The construction materials you use
- The energy you use
- The impact on the environment when the building eventually ends its life
Your options include:
- Reclaimed construction materials that minimise your carbon footprint
- Rainwater harvesting or grey-water recycling systems which reduce your water costs
- Waste recycling
- Building type and construction that reduces energy wastage
- Natural energy resources
There are SO many options to choose from in your Environmentally Sustainable Design, some more effective than others. And some are more costly than others.